The 3 magic ingredients of DManD CodeKitchen:
1. bringing cutting-edge Research forward
We engage leading researchers, scientist, designers, makers to teach and develop curriculum for our events. Our topics address 3 primary areas of interest:
- Technology developments
- Design pedagogy
- The history of design and technology
Our motto is "Anyone can teach, anyone can be a beginner". We open our events to people of any age, any education level, to teach or participate in our events.
3. interactive, hand-on, and fun
Our teaching style emphasizes hands-on engagement of our topics.
Each 90 minute "Kitchen" is co-taught, and follows a simple formula:
- 15 Minutes for mingling, snacks and networking
- 15 Minutes for lecture, presenter shares their experiences, key principles of topic, and state-of-the art
- 45 Minutes of Creation, hands-on experimentation, design, and / or making
- 15 Minutes of Reflection, discussion and review of the event